5.10.2007

The Glanville Era

So, if you don't like football, or don't live in Portland, you probably don't know that Portland State University hired former NFL coach (he was the head man in Atlanta and Houston) Jerry Glanville. You probably don't care either. But I finally had a chance to sit next to him while at lunch and just listened to him talk about defensive schemes. It's a real treat to hear the man talk. And after he referred to the University of Oregon Athletic Director in less than a favorable light, I was sold on him. He wants the Vikings to be a winner and doesn't care if we play Oregon and Oregon State, just as long as they give us a chance to be more than their luggage-toting groupie. He has a vision that PSU can be Portland's team, and I for one am stoked about this fall.





So I guess it's time for me to start acting like the seasonal PSU Athletic Department employee I am and let you know about the PSU Spring Football Game. It's this Saturday, May 12th at PGE Park in Portland. Tickets are only $5 and free for those 18 and under. (Viking Spring Game This Saturday at PGE Park)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it yesterday, but Seattle was awesome!