6.14.2007

Bless You!

Now that I've just taken my last final of the term and consequently completed my fifth year at the U, I've refocused my attention towards the general public and found some things that disturb me.

Handkerchief
Not only is this abomination of personal hygiene unsightly, it is one of the most annoying words to try and spell without first verifying it with a dictionary. Frequently utilized by the elderly, it's a rag that you pull from your pocket, unfold, and discharge the contents of your nose into. This part of it is all fine and dandy as all people find a point in time where they wish they had a pocket pack of Kleenex available so they could blow their "nose on the go". The next step is unnerving to me and I'm sure I'm not alone here. After the final blow, the old guy folds it into fourths, gives a final wipe of the schnozz, folds again, and puts in back into his pocket!

You can imagine walking down the street, eyeing the elderly and wondering if they have their bodily fluids encased in cloth and burning a hole in their pocket. And then they expect you to shake their hand when you meet them? Screw that! Maybe it's the OCD talking, but I've gotta wash my hands after shaking with an old person. Just the thought of a soaked handkerchief soaking through their pocket makes me want to convulse violently until they leave. So this may not be the consensus, but it's my opinion. And if you think the handkerchief is a single-use item, think again. When that guy pulls it back out of his pocket and blows another shot of mucus into that rag, he's rubbing his old snot all over his nose and face. I really can't think of anything more disgusting other than adult diapers.

Seat-Jumper
This is the person on the public transportation who sits next to a complete stranger on a crowded bus or train and then when a seat comes available and they have the opportunity to sit by themselves with an open seat next to them, they jump up and take it without letting the people who are standing get the first crack at sitting down. When this happens, I like to sit next to Mr. or Mrs. Seat-Jumper so they get all pissed off. That's right, you moved for no reason. You're still sitting next to someone you don't know, and now you are trapped between me and the window!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that most of these blogs could join together in book form on why you do not ride max or the bus. Use the picture of the guy puking.It would really get the message across.

Anonymous said...

Ah. Funny shit. I sit here on the eve of my big day, cracking the f up. You think of it all. WTG lil' bro.

QueenieCarly said...

Ahem. I asked for handkerchiefs for Christmas this year. No joke. And I got them. Maybe I'll let you borrow one tomorrow. Just check my pockets. Elderly, my ass.

Anonymous said...

Priceless!