5.15.2007

Clean-up on Aisle 10 Please!

I've said it for a long time now...The people who shop at Fred Meyer are as crazy as hammer-wielding senior-citizens who judo-chop 6-year-olds in the throat for no apparent reason.

This apparently random attack at the Beaverton Fred Meyer has me puzzled. I've seen some weird shit as a happy-go-lucky employee at both the Gateway and Hollywood locations. Small children vomiting a pound of gummy bears in the Housewares department. People having diarrhea drip all the way across the store. Mounds of shit in the hallways. Customers passed out in the handi-capable stall in the bathroom after they just shot God knows what into their body. People passed out. Store security slamming a shoplifter's face into the lunch-room floor. I've even helped subdue a shoplifter after he was taken to the ground by security.

Some of our customers are the nicest people you could ever meet. Either they leave you alone completely, or just want to be pointed in the general direction of what it is they are looking for. A majority of our customers are assholes...trying to screw you out of every last penny they can. Telling you how worthless you are and how your store doesn't carry anything anymore.

People have even died in the store, but nothing seems crazier than 65-year old Erik Osterholme's random attack on 56-year old Sharon Weil. Weil was looking for food to cook for her mother on Mother's Day, when Mr. Osterholme struck her in the back of the head with a hammer. A couple of things crossed my mind when I heard of the attack...Did he use a hammer from the Hardware & Tools department? Which one was it? Are we going to have to stop carrying that specific hammer to avoid copycat attacks? Will one of my customer's strike me in the head with a hammer? Will a fellow employee strike me in the head with a hammer (more likely to happen)?





Now this crazy bastard is aruging with the judge over the food selection in the jail. Dude, you're in jail on attempted murder charges, you're lucky they don't serve you a dog shit and placenta sandwich and make you listen to Yanni. Not his first run-in with the law, in 2002 he judo-chopped a six year old in the throat because the kid said "Hi". WTF? He got like probation and a $300 fine.

So I'll be extra courteous to the crazy people that come in the store and super courteous to those shopping the Hardware department.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you might be safe..At least for the meantime. Turns out Mr. Eric brought in his own hammer (from home presumably) with a duct tape wrapped handle.

Good thing I just learned how to karate chop people myself..now I can defend myself the next time I take a trip to get milk.