So if you've read my blogs past and present, you'd know I'd played a little trick on Carly by bad-mouthing her favorite NFL-er, Michael Vick. It was a great fake out on my part and it ended up being funny for all the parties involved.
But now that Mr. Vick is likely to be indicted on charges of dog fighting, it makes me wonder why a guy with, presumably, all the money in the world, would turn to such a vicious hobby as dog fighting. It's really mind-boggling. You could do anything in the world, and you have to break the law? Although cock fighting is still legal in New Mexico for another two weeks, the sport of fighting any animal is sickening.
What's the point? I guess you could also say the same about the UFC and boxing. But in these sports, the fighters are paid for beating the hell out of one another. And they also aren't trying to kill each other. I have lost some respect for Mr. Vick. But who really didn't see this coming?
His little brother Marcus is a punk. He stomped on an opponent in the Gator Bowl. He was also arrested for driving with a suspended license. Why was his license suspended you ask? Reckless driving and marijuana possession. The older Vick was suspected of carrying the magic herb in a secret compartment in a water bottle at the Miami International Airport (although no evidence of the herb was found in the bottle, why the hell do you need any type of secret compartment at an airport?).
So I know everybody wants to know if Vick is indicted, will he play next season? Will he face prison time? Will the Atlanta Falcons be stuck with Joey Harrington as their starting quarterback? It wasn't long ago when my favorite team's image was marred by accusations (true ones of course) of dog fighting. I bet somewhere Qyntel Woods is excited that he's made it on ESPN finally.
3 comments:
I'm pretty torn on this. Of course, the act itself is indefensible. There is no way of justifying it. Period. End of discussion. What will I say? I kind of get Clinton Portis. I'm totally down with that dude. (Coincidentally, my back-up fave. Looks like I may need to let him step in if things go the way some are predicting for my precious MV7. Of course, just as many call that ludicrous. time will tell, I suppose.)
Ah...the JailBlazers seem to make their way into most conversations..This one not excluded. So yeah, see ya MV7. Hello..Joe.
Do you think Maurice Lucas will hand Amy her diploma at the Rose Garden?
Post a Comment